WHY Bhutan you ask?
They are steaming ahead to be the first country that is 100% organic. Fusing Buddhist principles with natural laws it is no wonder they are the natural benchmark for global environmentalists looking for inspiration!
Closed off to outsiders until recently, where tourism is restricted to ensure it does not harm their sacred country, this trip will surely be a once in a life-timer!
It is actually believed that only people who have good karma will get to travel or live in Bhutan. Is that you?
There is something magical about traveling out of your comfort zone and into great beauty. A part of you breaks open when you are awe-struck to the core – it sets off fireworks within your neurons opening you to possibilities that you never could have imagined.
Ideas spark in your mind, the world changes rotation, hearts burst open, strange birds rush across the sky, and great mysteries are revealed…
You take a pilgrimage into your own soul and come out somehow transformed, lighter, clearer, truer to your passion and purpose.
And NOTHING is ever the same again.
That’s WHY we go to Bhutan.
That’s WHY we wander.
And that’s WHY you must join us.
HOW do I know this trip’s for me?
- If you’re longing for an infusion of inspiration in your life
- If you’re dreaming of a deeper connection with your passion and purpose
- If you need clarity in your personal and business life
- If your heart needs to stretch it boundaries and burst open
- If you want to learn how to apply Buddhist teachings to your life
- If your soul is longing to be free
- If you desire to connect with other like-minded souls
- If you feel called to connect with magic of Bhutan
WHERE is Bhutan?
Not many people have actually heard about Bhutan – The Land of the Thunder Dragon, or even know where it is located. For many years this little country about the size of Switzerland has been off limits of foreigners. If you look at a map you will find Bhutan to be east of Nepal at the same latitude (as Florida actually), with a tiny piece of India separating the two countries – and the northern edge touches the Himalayas.
WHAT am I going to experience?
Through meditation, chanting, prayer and ceremony, and connecting the local people – you will expand your consciousness and practice cultivating the compassion and loving-kindness of the Buddha within (for others, and most importantly – for yourself).
This trip is designed to strengthen your connection to your inner wisdom, love, and compassion. In this challenging world of ours learning to put the Buddha’s teachings into practice (in the most practical of ways!) is the focus of our group time together.
Attaining the highest level of Gross National Happiness in the world is the goal of the Bhutanese people (as opposed to Gross National Product) – we too will aspire to bring that attitude into our lives.
We also suggest honoring your body after our pilgrimage to Tiger’s Nest with a visit to the spa at the 5 star Zhiwa Ling hotel (the last 2 days of our journey). Each of the treatment rooms are dedicated to one of the aspects of Tara, the radiant goddess who embodies the virtues of compassion, healing, wisdom and fearlessness. She is the most venerated female deity, representing the divine feminine of the Buddha Nature.
Tara is known as “She Who Saves” and is the Protectress of the sick. All healing goddesses are thought to be one of her many emanations and her healing blessings are bestowed on all who sincerely seek her out. All treatments begin with the therapist invoking the healing energy of Tara, and conclude with the balancing resonance of the Himalayan singing bowl. It’s not to be missed.
WHAT’S the itinerary + highlights?
- Fly over eight of the ten tallest peaks in the world including Mt. Everest
- See the 108 Chortens or stupas built for the Gross National Happiness of Bhutan
- Travel across the valleys of Bhutan and bear witness to it being one of the ten most important bio-diversity hot spots in the world
- Hike to the Chimmi Lhakang also known as the Divine Madman’s temple and a famous pilgrimage site for childless couples
- Enjoy some of the best Tantric art in Bhutan
- Visit the stunning Punakha Dzong – the most magnificent architectural masterpiece in the kingdom nestled between two rivers
- Hike in the Black Mountains National Park to witness the beauty of the rare Black Neck Cranes, a symbol of peace for the Bhutanese
- Visit Rinpung Dzong the religious headquarters of Bhutan and also where “Little Buddha” was filmed
- Attend the Druk Wangyal Festival with its sacred folk & mask dances
- Explore the capital of Bhutan, Thimpu. The only capital city in the world with no traffic lights!
Attend a prayer ceremony with monks followed by a teaching on Buddhism.
Pilgrimage to the famous Takstang Temple (aka Tiger’s Nest) situated on a cliff edge, dedicated to the Guru Rinpoche (we’ll be using his mantra on the journey).
- Two nights in the stunning 5 star Zhiwa Ling Hotel at the end of our trip to nourish ourselves on all levels!
- Make friends for life with the other people you sojourn with to Bhutan
The people of Bhutan are Tantric Buddhists who have a Shamanistic background called Bon – and a fantastic history filled with strange legends and mythologies! In fact, one of the highlights of our journey is a special pilgrimage up to the sacred site called Tiger’s Nest which marks the spot where the beloved Guru Rinpoche flew to on the back of a flaming tigress!Indeed, the monasteries are magical and beautiful in ways that I cannot begin to describe.
You’ll have the opportunity to spend a day at the Druk Wangyal Festival. Held at the Dochula Pass which is an incredibly scenic location – you’ll have a panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain range – simply stunning!
The festival showcases many unique folk and mask dances including the story of Milarepa, one of the most inspiring Buddhist Saints who achieved enlightenment within a lifetime. The best part is just being part of the everyday life of the people and experiencing their joy and delight.
You’ll also spend time visiting the very rare and endangered Black Necked Cranes in Phobjikha. And as a special gift, a Lama will be preparing a prayer and blessing ceremony just for us.
As service is an important part of our spiritual experience, you are welcome to bring children’s books, blankets or anything you would like to donate to the Bhutanese people during our visit.
Bhutan cannot be described in any way – you simply must visit and experience the beauty of the both the landscapes and the amazing people!
- All daily meals are included in this program
- Nine nights in charming local hotels
- Two nights in the stunning 5 star luxury Zhiwa Ling Hotel the last 2 nights of our journey (pictured on the right)
- All spiritual teachings, meditations and ceremonies with Sheri + Lisa
- All ground transportation in Bhutan
- Your local guides
- Admission fees to the temples and sites are included.
- All tips for the drivers and bell boys (a $150 USD value)
- Special blessing prayer ceremony with the Lama
- **Your roundtrip flight from Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan on Druk Airlines (a $820 USD value)
- Non-included lunches and dinners during your trip to and from Bhutan.
- You will probably need to overnight in Bangkok at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel coming and going (~$170 USD per night).
- Other non-included items would be travel insurance, excess baggage charges & airport taxes, beverages (alcohol, soda), personal items, and souvenir shopping!
- The incredible spa services at the 5 star Zhiwa Ling hotel, drinks from the tea house, or any extras that are not included in our package.
- Your international round-trip air flight to Bangkok is not-included in the cost of the journey.
- Tips for the maids (we recommend you leave $1-2 USD per person per day)
- Tips for your two amazing local guides (we recommend you plan on gifting around $140 USD for both)
**Please note we need approximately two-to-three days to fly to Bhutan and one-to-two days to fly home. Make sure you account for these days in your scheduling of this journey.**
Who are YOUR trip leaders?
MEET Lisa – My travels to India and Asia first began when I was 21.
Following the calls of my heart one day I did the unthinkable, I quit my corporate career despite having two mortgages to pay. Then one day after a hypnosis session I heard a deep calling in my heart to go see the Dalai Lama in India.
It was like he had sent me a t-mail (telepathic mail!). With two mortgages to pay, living off credit cards (my savings were non-existent), no job to speak of & a desire to get traveling once again I booked a ticket to go see him.
And things have never been the same since. As it was this trip that inspired me to set up this spiritual travel company. It was a clear case of divine intervention or more like divine instruction!
I love to draw from the wealth of traditions & great masters including Buddhism,Sufism, Hinduism, Christianity & Celtic spirituality to name but a few.
All under the close guidance of my beloved teacher Hema Vyas who I have been working closely with for over eight years now.
To have you come join myself and Sheri in Bhutan would be a wonderful gift. A gift for us that a beautiful soul like you has chosen and trusted us to bring them to a magical Himalayan kingdom.
A gift for you as traveling to sacred places such as Bhutan will open you up in ways you would never have dreamed of. Deepening your purpose, expanding your heart, calming your mind.
Her personal adventure began in 1998 when she was going through a challenging time in her life. She realized on some level that she had never been truly happy. Although she changed: husbands (twice), cities (five moves), podiatric practices (three different offices) and friends (should we go there?), she still had no real joy in her life.
A leap of faith was the last resort – she sold her practice, boy-friend (only kidding), and home – and closed the surgical residency program she was director of (yes, that was a pretty big deal and yes, the medical community thought she was nuts).
After leaving behind the world of medicine, she spent nearly 8 years on a transformative spiritual quest. She rolled across the western US in her car, and began to explore the landscape of her inner world. It was a rocky, unforgiving place. (Sometimes, it still is.)
Her personal exploration and apprenticeship time with don Miguel Ruiz inspired her to write: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Toltec Wisdom, Banish Mind Spam! and to create the How to Forgive eCourse, a heart-opening online program.
This journey is an invitation, from Sheri to you — an opportunity to explore the quality of what you put forth in the world. And, if you’re looking for a chance to escape the ordinary + step into a life of rare adventure — this is the program for you.
From Lisa: We have been collaborating with Sheri since Spiritual Quest Adventures first began and feel truly blessed to be working with her and joining her on this magical trip to Bhutan. She is a wise woman with a compassionate heart, just the kind of leader you need!
GBP£3430 / EUR€4065* / USD$5599* per person double occupancy
Single occupancy for the trip is GBP£235 / EUR€285 / USD$385. Please select this option when booking. For those that want to share we are happy to match you with a roommate if possible! A deposit of GBP£490 / EUR€580* / USD$800* is preferred as soon as possible to secure your booking. Full payment is needed by 1st Sept 2014.
If you’ve found this trip after the registration date – no worries! Give us a call and we’ll do our best to get you on the trip.
Any cancellation made in writing between: June 1st, 2014 and September 1st, 2014 will result in a total loss of your deposit. Any cancellation made in writing between: September 2nd, 2014 to October 1st, 2014 will result in a cancellation fee of 50% of the trip price. Any cancellation made between: October 2nd, 2012 and the trip departure will result in a total loss of funds. Any cancellation made: after the trip departs will result in total loss of trip funds. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended to cover such issues. You can use our suggested Travel Guard Insurance online and choose from several policy options. **Please know that we are happy to create a monthly payment plan for you – but you must be paid in full by the departure date! Simply email us and we can set that up for you. We look forward to sharing this amazing adventure with you!
We donate 10% of our profits to Lha & fund-raise to support local projects. For full information click here.
Tel: +44 203 286 4265